Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Drills, drills and more drills...



I know it's a drag sometimes to go through the motions with drills, but these are the fundamentals that will change the way we run and make us faster and more efficient. Your POSE form is already looking better with each week. We will generally always begin each CFE WOD with drill work so I can, yes, drill it into your head exactly what pose running looks and feels like. That being said, check out this video, we'll be implementing these drills this week!

Whoo-hoo! Here are this week's WODs.

WED: 8 x 200 m w/2 min rest

FRI: 3-4 x 800m w/min recovery

SUN: 5K Time Trial at box



2 comments:

  1. I better not chew gum and attempt this. I always feel like I'm going to fall on my face. Do I just need to get over that sensation or am I doing something wrong? Wish I could run with you guys :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely does require some mental toughness to get this one right...it'll come with time. And as CrossFitters (and a far fewer of us, Div I athletes), we already bring exactly that (mental tenacity) to the table. Aimee Jones can snatch like it's second nature. You can tread water like you're walking in the park. All of this comes through repetition and practice. I still feel awkward at times implementing these drills...but each time I do them it becomes more a part of my stride, more a part of me.

    ReplyDelete